[FieldTrip] calculating behavioural-power correlation -- follow-up questions

Arjen Stolk a.stolk8 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 00:01:20 CEST 2015

Hey Xiaoming,

Not sure if I understand, but shouldn't the directions of the correlations
be independent of the scaling of the two variables? Looking at the code of
ft_statfun_correlationT it doesn't seem the conversion from correlation to
T value (tstat = rho*(sqrt(max(nunits)-2))/sqrt((1-rho^2))) would result in
a direction change either. Perhaps you could try to first manually
calculate a correlation between signal power and behavioral power, and see
whether anything is behaving unexpectedly?

Yours,
Arjen