[FieldTrip] average of frequency band

Brittany Alperin balperin07 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 20:10:37 CEST 2015

Hello

I'm importing my already preprocessed data from eeglab and want to run an
FFT. I'm using cfg.foilim to specify my frequencies of interest, but the
output is in .5 Hz increments rather than just an average over the
frequency band. I've tried using a colon instead of a space and I've tried
using cfg.foi. Could anyone tell me how to get an average power rather than
the power at each frequency?

Here's my code for reference:
cfg = [];
cfg.method = 'mtmfft'; %run an fft
cfg.taper = 'hanning'; %chose a hanning window
cfg.foilim = [8 13]; %frequencies of interest. In this case, alpha
cfg.output = 'pow'; %output in power

Brittany Alperin
Graduate Student, Behavioral Neuroscience
Oregon Health and Science University
Portland, OR