[FieldTrip] Malware detected in gtsrefine.exe

Jörn M. Horschig jorn at artinis.com
Wed Nov 18 09:13:16 CET 2015

HI Nathan,

The function belongs to an external toolbox, iso2mesh:

http://iso2mesh.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi

So, while the file is not necessary for most things in FieldTrip, I deem it highly unlikely that it actually is malware. So probably it’s a false alarm. But you can delete the file without having troubles with FieldTrip (only if you want to create meshes yourself using this function, and the function is also only then used in special circumstances).

Best,

Jörn

--
Jörn M. Horschig, PhD, Software Engineer
 <http://www.artinis.com/> Artinis Medical Systems  |  +31 481 350 980