[FieldTrip] statistical reporting cluster based permutation tests

Kaelasha Tyler ktyler at swin.edu.au
Sun Nov 15 02:07:30 CET 2015

Hi all,

I am writing up results for cluster based permutation tests that I ran on masked priming meg data.

I have to admit I am not entirely sure the exact form for reporting the stats on these.

For example, when comparing two conditions, with n=20,  I have one significant positive cluster over left frontal and parietal areas. The stats for this cluster read:

prob: 0.0420
clusterstat: 1.2443e+04
stddev: 0.0063
cirange: 0.0124

Has anyone else completed and rerooted on results, having used cluster based permutation tests?
Mean values don't seem to be appropriate here, so would it simply be the p value and standard deviation for the significant clusters that would be reported on?

Thanks,

PhD Candidate
Brain and Psychological Sciences Research Centre
Swinburne University of Technology
Melbourne
Australia