[FieldTrip] Matlab 2014b compatibility

alexis david james makin alexis.makin at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Nov 13 10:44:55 CET 2015

Dear Field Trip Users,

The Field Trip topoplot function ft_topoplotTFR(cfg, grandavg) used to work on Matlab 2011, but gives the following error message in Matlab 2014b:

%%%%%%%%%%
Error using sprintf
Function is not defined for 'matlab.ui.Figure' inputs.

Error in topoplot_common (line 862)
    set(gcf, 'Name', sprintf('%d: %s: %s', gcf, funcname, join_str(', ',dataname)));

Error in ft_topoplotTFR (line 191)
[cfg] = topoplot_common(cfg, varargin{:});
 %%%%%%%

This is arises change to the way Matlab does Figures I believe?

Is the easiest thing to download the newer version of Fieldtrip?

Thanks for any advice,

Cheers

Alexis Makin, University of Liverpool, Uk