[FieldTrip] Templates for Cortical mesh and Head model

Keyvan Mahjoory mahjoory86 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 16:46:24 CET 2015

Dear Fieldtrip experts,

I want  to estimate sources restricted on cortex using a template head
model and cortical mesh. the available options I could find in fieldtrip
are:

   - template  for headmodel:   standard_bem
   - template for cortical mesh:
   http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/template/sourcemodel

As far as I see (please correct me if I am wrong):

   -  Both templates for volume conduction model and cortical mesh are
   based on Colin27.
   -  cortical mesh looks like a White matter surface.

I wonder whether:
1- Fieldtrip estimates sources on white matter surface?
2- Isn't there any ICBM based template for Fieldtrip?

Many thanks in advance,

Best,
Keyvan