[FieldTrip] downsample while loading

Caspar, Emilie e.caspar at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Mar 20 13:14:07 CET 2015

Hi Omer,

Maybe this can help. It filters and epochs before downsampling. It should be faster. However, that highly depends on the computer you have. I tried this with two different computer, with exactly the same characteristics. One was almost full, the other not. It took 15 minutes for 64 electrodes on the new one, and 40 minutes on the full one.

        cfgp         = [];
        cfgp.dataset = [ file.name];
        cfgr            = [];
        cfgr.resamplefs = 256;
        cfgr.detrend = 'yes';

        %% epochs before filtering
        cfg1                     = [];
        cfg1.dataset             = [ file.name];
        cfg1.trialdef.eventtype  = 'STATUS';
        cfg1.trialdef.eventvalue = [65];
        cfg1.trialdef.prestim    = abs(windows(1));
        cfg1.trialdef.poststim   = windows(2);
        cfg1              = ft_definetrial(cfg1);

      %% filtres downsampling
        for i=1:nchans
            cfg1.channel = i;
            cfg1.bpfilter = 'yes'; cfg1.bpfreq=[0.9 30];%filtres
            datp         = ft_preprocessing(cfg1);
            singlechan{i} = ft_resampledata(cfgr, datp);
            clear datp
        end

        cfg = [];
        datall = ft_appenddata(cfg, singlechan{:});

Emilie Caspar

Aspirante FNRS - Ph.D. Student

Consciousness, Cognition & Computation Group (CO3)
Centre de Recherche Cognition et Neurosciences (CRCN)
ULB Neurosciences Institute (UNI)

Université Libre de Bruxelles
Av. F.-D. Roosevelt, 50
1050 Bruxelles