[FieldTrip] Fwd: [SPM] SPM course for MEG/EEG in London: May 11-13

Vladimir Litvak litvak.vladimir at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 12:04:13 CET 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bernadette van Wijk <vanwijk.bernadette at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 3:10 PM
Subject: [SPM] SPM course for MEG/EEG in London: May 11-13
To: SPM at jiscmail.ac.uk

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce that our annual *SPM course for MEG/EEG* will
take place this year from *Monday May 11* to *Wednesday May 13 2015*.

Hosted by University College London, the course will be held at Queen
Square, a very central location in London (UK).

The course will present instruction on the analysis of MEG and EEG data.
The first two days will combine theoretical presentations with practical
demonstrations of the different data analysis methods implemented in SPM.
On the last day participants will have the opportunity to work on SPM
tutorial data sets under the supervision of the course faculty. We also
invite students to bring their own data for analysis.

The course is suitable for both beginners and more advanced users. The
topics that will be covered range from pre-processing and statistical
analysis to source localization and dynamic causal modelling. The program
is listed below.

Registration is now open. We offer a reduced rate when attending both the
MEG/EEG course and the fMRI course during the second half of the week. For
full details of both courses see 'Statistical Parametric Mapping short
courses' at  http://www.ucl.ac.uk/ion/courses-viewer where you can also
register.

Available places are limited so please register as early as possible if you
would like to attend!

*Monday May 11th *

9.00 - 9.30 Registration

9.30 - 9.45 SPM introduction and resources

*Guillaume Flandin*

9.45 - 10.30 What are we measuring with M/EEG?

*Stefan Kiebel*

10.30 - 11.15 Data pre-processing

*Holly Rossiter*

*Coffee*

11.45 - 12.30 Data pre-processing - demo

*Deborah Talmi, Megumi Fukuda*

12.30 - 13.15 General linear model and classical inference

*Christophe Phillips*

*Lunch*

14.15 - 15.00 Multiple comparisons problem and solutions

*Gareth Barnes*

15.00 - 15.45 Bayesian inference

*Chris Mathys*

*Coffee*

16.15 - 18.00 Tutorial on group M/EEG dataset analysis

*Vladimir Litvak, Jason Taylor*

*Tuesday May 12th *

9.30 - 10.15 M/EEG source analysis

*Saskia Helbling*

10.15 - 11.15 M/EEG source analysis - demo

*Jose Lopez, Jason Taylor, Sofie Meyer*

*Coffee*

11.45 - 12.30 The principles of DCM

*Ryszard Auksztulewicz*

12.30 - 13.15 DCM for evoked responses

*Harriet Brown*

*Lunch*

14.15 - 15.00 DCM for steady state responses

*Rosalyn Moran*

15.00 - 15.45 DCM for time-frequency responses

*Bernadette van Wijk*

15.45 - 16.30 DCM - demo

*Andre Marreiros, Martin Dietz *

*Coffee*

17.00 - 17.45 Bayesian model selection and averaging

*Will Penny*

17.45 - 18.45 Clinic - Questions & Answers session

*Karl Friston*

19.00 onwards - Social Event

 *Wednesday May 13th*

9.30 – 17.00
Practical hands-on session in UCL computer class rooms. Participants can
either work on SPM tutorial datasets or on their own data with the help of
the faculty. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions in small
tutorial groups for further discussions on the topics of the lectures.