[FieldTrip] Electrode plots below the equator

RICHARDS, JOHN RICHARDS at mailbox.sc.edu
Tue Mar 10 12:56:03 CET 2015

I am using EGIs electrodes, and am trying to plot data on the topo plot.
The electrodes below the horizontal equator plot on top of the other
electrodes.  I have tried all of the types.  With the orthographic I get
the best results for the interior and superior electrodes (center of
head), the the ones below the horizon appear to plot on top of the ones
above the horizon.  For example the topo plot at
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/allfunctions/topoplot.html.  Can this be done
with ft plots?

EEGLab topoplot: "By default, channel locations below head center
(arc_length 0.5) are shown in a 'skirt' outside the cartoon head (see
'plotrad' and 'headrad' options below)².

This is my code, I have tried all the options for projection.

cfg=[];
cfg.rotate=0;
cfg.elec=elec;
cfg.projection='orthographic';
lay=ft_prepare_layout(cfg);

Thanks, John

John E. Richards Carolina Distinguished Professor
Department of Psychology
University of South Carolina
Columbia, SC  29208
Dept Phone: 803 777 2079