[FieldTrip] ft_lateralizedpotential question

Caspar, Emilie e.caspar at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jun 12 12:53:25 CEST 2015

Dear Fieldrippers,

I have a small question about ft_lateralizedpotential.
I am currently trying to compute a LRP. Thus, I wrote:
avgL = ft_timelockanalysis(cfg, cleandata);
avgR = ft_timelockanalysis(cfg, cleandata);
cfg             = [];
cfg.layout      = 'biosemi64.lay';
cfg.channelcmb={'A13' 'B18'};
lrp=ft_lateralizedpotential(cfg,avgL,avgR);
cfg             = [];
cfg.xlim = [-2 1];
cfg.ylim = [-12 10];
clf;
ft_singleplotER(cfg, lrp.plotlabel)

There is apparently something wrong with the plot because I get the following error message:
Error using ft_checkdata (line 461)
This function requires timelock or freq data as input.

I have also tried to add a new avgLRP = ft_timelockanalysis(cfg, lrp);
and then to compute the plot based on that, but it is not working. If anyone has an idea!

Second question:, ft_lateralizedpotential only works (apparently) with two outputs (avgL and R, for instance). Thus, I computed the same ft_timelockanalysis with two different names, but I am not sure this is correct. Is someone able to answer?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Emilie