[FieldTrip] .dat files from intan to usable file format in fieldtrip

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Wed Jun 3 09:22:51 CEST 2015

Hi Julia,

The intantech website mentions the existence of a MATLAB-toolbox to interact with the data (http://intantech.com/RHD2000_matlab_toolbox.html). So, in principle, it is possible to get the data read in into MATLAB, true? It should be then relatively straightforward to convert the data in the MATLAB workspace into a structure that FieldTrip understands (e.g.see: www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/how_can_i_import_my_own_dataformat<http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/how_can_i_import_my_own_dataformat>).
If you would want to work from the raw datafiles directly, we need to add a set of dedicated low-level functions to FieldTrip (or provide some code-glue that allow interfacing with the commercial matlab-toolbox), as per: www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/how_can_extend_the_reading_functions_with_a_new_dataformat<http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/how_can_extend_the_reading_functions_with_a_new_dataformat>. The FieldTrip team currently lacks the resources to do low-level implementation of fileformats that are not directly relevant to our own scientific work from scratch, but if you are willing to give it a shot, we will certainly do our best to facilitate you.

Best wishes,

Jan-Mathijs