[FieldTrip] across-subject analysis of source space data in a 2D triangulated cortical mesh

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Wed Jul 1 09:09:35 CEST 2015

Hi Brian,

Nowadays I would indeed go for a surface-registered cortical mesh. It’s possible to register the cortical meshes to a template such that, across subjects, vertices can be directly compared because they’re in the same ‘surface location’. Actually, your question came up in a different post recently, and the answer I gave back then is also valid for your current question :o). Here’s the link , it’s about question b) in the thread: http://mailman.science.ru.nl/pipermail/fieldtrip/2015-June/009312.html  I haven’t heard back from Marieke van den Nieuwenhuijzen (who asked this question earlier) whether she has managed to solve the issue for her. It may be worthwile to check with her, or otherwise for the two of you to team up in order to solve it together. Once there’s a workable solution, it would be great to share this info on the fieldtrip wiki. Here’s some additional info that may be useful: http://brainvis.wustl.edu/wiki/index.php/Caret:Operations/Freesurfer_to_fs_LR

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs