[FieldTrip] questions about separating one dataset into two

WanYu Hsu wanyu at gazzaleylab.ucsf.edu
Wed Jul 1 04:22:45 CEST 2015

Hi community,

I have a question here about EEG data analysis.

I concatenated two datasets together (data1=55 trials, data2=51 trials),
and then ran ICA to remove components we don't want for this concatenated
dataset.

"data_concat_forIC = ft_appenddata(cfg, data_forIC{1},data_forIC{2}"
comp= ft_componentanalysis(cfg, data_concat_forIC);
data_Theta = ft_rejectcomponent(cfg, comp);

After doing these steps, is there anyway to reverse the concatenated data1
and data2 back to two datasets?

In other words, if I have a datasets with 100 segmented trials ,
how can I separate this dataset into two data files (1~50 trials and 51~100
trials) without changing data structure?

Any help would be appreciated.

WanYu Hsu