[FieldTrip] triple triangulation in ft_prepare_neighbours

Thomas Hartmann thomas.hartmann at th-ht.de
Thu Jul 2 14:08:25 CEST 2015

hi,
if i use the triangulation method to define my neighbours, it does
essentially this:

       tri = delaunay(prj(:,1), prj(:,2));
       tri_x = delaunay(prj(:,1)./2, prj(:,2));
       tri_y = delaunay(prj(:,1), prj(:,2)./2);
       tri = [tri; tri_x; tri_y];
       neighbours = compneighbstructfromtri(chanpos, label, tri);

where prj is a 2d projection of the 3d sensor positions. i wonder why
the two extra triangulations (those resulting in tri_x and tri_y) are in
there? they compress the data once in the x and the other time in the y
dimension and repeat the triangulation. the results are mostly redundant
but there are some extra neighbors that do not seem to make any sense to
me.....

best,
thomas

--
Dr. Thomas Hartmann

CIMeC - Center for Mind/Brain Sciences
Università degli Studi di Trento
via delle Regole, 101
38123 Mattarello (TN)
ITALY

Tel: +39 0461 28 2779
Fax: +39 0461 28 3066
Email: thomas.hartmann at th-ht.de
Homepage: http://sites.google.com/site/obobcimec/

"I am a brain, Watson. The rest of me is a mere appendix. " (Arthur Conan Doyle)