[FieldTrip] SIMBIO tool in Fieldtrip for FEM head modelling

Robert Oostenveld r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl
Mon Jan 5 09:44:59 CET 2015

Dear Munsif,

The SIMBIO FEM tool that is under development is integrated in FieldTrip, i.e. you do not call it separately. The procedure is that you coregister your anatomical MRI to the same coordinate system in which you want to express your sensor and source locations, segment the MRI and pass the segmented MRI to ft_prepare_mesh and subsequently to ft_prepare_headmodel, which will call the appropriate functions from SIMBIO. Finally, you can call ft_prepare_leadfield (or the lower level ft_compute_leadfield) to compute the forward solutions for the desired source locations.

The documentation on http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/development/simbio contains example code.

best regards,
Robert

PS please address future questions to the email list.