[FieldTrip] Biosemi eventtype problem

Vitoria Piai v.piai.research at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 01:32:16 CET 2015

Hi Ricarda, Alex, Elmeri et al.

Thanks. The files I'm trying to read are .bdf.
Ricarda, could you please clarify "I just recoded the markers."? Did you
edit the .bdf file with a text editor?

In a previous dataset I acquired with Biosemi (in combination with
Presentation), with eventtype 'STATUS', I get the right event values in
the right number (that is, I send 10 times marker '1', ft_definetrial
finds 10 times marker '1').
With this new Biosemi dataset (programmed by someone else in E-prime,
it's not my data):
cfg=[];
cfg.dataset = dataset;
cfg.trialdef.eventtype = 'STATUS';
cfg.trialdef.eventvalue = '?';
ft_definetrial returns markers that were not sent, and doesn't return
markers that were sent. (The same occurs if I read the data in EEGlab by
the way).
It doesn't look like there's a linear transformation between what was
sent and what FT finds. For example, markers sent were 1:21; FT returns
[3:23 29:31], but I'll definitely look into the suggestion that maybe
1:21 was sent but for some reason recorded as 3:23 and the 29:31 are
coming from somewhere else.

Thanks a lot!
Vitoria