[FieldTrip] PhD Position Oldenburg/Germany

Martin Bleichner martin.bleichner at uni-oldenburg.de
Thu Jan 15 13:42:18 CET 2015

Dear Fieltrip Users,

The Department of Psychology, Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg,
Neuropsychology lab (head: Prof. Dr. Stefan Debener) is offering a
position as

*Member of academic staff / PhD Student*
E13 TV-L, 65% of the fulltime weekly hours

The position starts as soon as possible and is limited for 3 years.

Studying communication during social interactions using behavioral
observation, mobile EEG & cognitive modelling

In this interdisciplinary project we seek to identify factors involved
in successful social interactions in humans. Social interactions will be
studied by combining established approaches from the fields of
performing arts, behavioral assessment, neurophysiology and cognitive
modeling.

This position will be located in Oldenburg and will focus on the
neurophysiological mechanisms of social interactions as assessed by
mobile EEG. The position is part of the project 'IMPACT- IMproving
Patterns of social interACTion' funded by the Volkswagen Foundation. The
project includes complementary research at the Technical University
Dresden, Germany (Jun. Prof. Dr. Stefan Scherbaum) focusing on cognitive
modeling and behavioral assessment of social interactions.

We offer an agile, interdisciplinary and international work environment.
A PhD candidate has the opportunity to enroll in the PhD program of the
Graduate School 'Science and Technology' (www.oltech.org
<http://www.oltech.org/>).

*Tasks:*The successful candidate will design, record and analyse
multi-subject studies using advanced mobile EEG technology. The
candidate has to publish obtained research results in peer reviewed
scientific journals.

*Qualifications:*An academic university degree (e.g. Diploma or Master's
degree) in psychology, biology, neurosciences, psycholinguistics or a
related discipline is required. We are seeking a candidate with strong
knowledge in experimental and/or cognitive neuroscience. It is
beneficial to have expertise in EEG/MEG or neuroimaging, knowledge in
programming in Matlab and a background in biomedical signal processing.
The applicant is required to have very good knowledge of both English
and German.

The Carl von Ossietzky University is striving to increase the number of
women employed in research and science. Therefore, we explicitly ask
women to apply. Following § 21 Abs. 3 NHG female applicants with
equivalent qualifications will be preferred.

Disabled applicants with equivalent qualifications will be preferred.

Please send your application including a letter of motivation with a
short statement of research interests, CV, names of two potential
referees, if applicable list of publications, and copies of certificates
toDr. Martin Bleichner
<mailto:martin.bleichner at uni-oldenburg.de?subject=Impact%20-%20Application>.
We prefer an electronic application with a single pdf.*Please apply**by
first of February 2015 to ensure consideration.*

Questions prior to the application can be addressed also to Dr.
Bleichner, Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, Fakultät für
Medizin und Gesundheitswissenschaften, Department für Psychologie,
D-26111 Oldenburg, Germany, email:martin.bleichner at uni-oldenburg.de
<mailto:martin.bleichner at uni-oldenburg.de>, phone: +49 (0)441 - 798 - 2940

--
Dr. Martin Bleichner