[FieldTrip] Read mne-python epochs file in fieldtrip

Denis-Alexander Engemann d.engemann at fz-juelich.de
Wed Jan 7 12:57:13 CET 2015

Hi Laetitia,

here's a tutorial on integrating Fieldtrip with MNE-Python:

http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/development/integrate_with_mne

You should make sure to use recent fieldtrip code, the support for reading MNE-Python epochs has been added quite recently to the MNE-Matlab tools used inside Fieldtrip.

HTH,
Denis

Dear all,
I would like to read in fieldtrip a epoch file (.fif) created in mne-python. As adviced in the website section "integrate fieldtrip and MNE-Python", I used the following piece of code:

cfg = [];
cfg.dataset = filename;
data1 = ft_preprocessing(cfg);

And I get the following error:

Error using fiff_setup_read_raw (line 89)
No raw data in
/neurospin/meg/meg_tmp/PhaseTime_Anne_2013/epochs/jm100042_equalizedEpochs_allCond_firstStimLocked_filtr45Hz_Afirst.fif

Error in fiff_setup_read_raw (line 89)
            error(me,'No raw data in %s',fname);

Error in ft_read_header (line 1157)
        raw = fiff_setup_read_raw(filename);

Error in ft_preprocessing (line 338)
  hdr = ft_read_header(cfg.headerfile, 'headerformat', cfg.headerformat);

It seems that there is a problem at the level of the header of the file. Any help would be appreciated if someone already solved this issue. By the way, this piece of code works well to read an evoked file without error.

Thanks a lot,
Best,
Laetitia G.

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH