[FieldTrip] Opposite DICS Beamforming results on source and sensor level on resting state data

Tom Marshall t.marshall at fcdonders.ru.nl
Mon Jan 5 16:12:56 CET 2015

Hey Haiteng,

Following up on Arjen's point; I've noticed that when people in the MEG
close their eyes for a couple of minutes, their heads sometimes drop a
little (ie nose moves toward chest). If your clinical group were feeling
more drowsy during the recording and thus dropped their heads more, this
would lead to exactly the kind of systematic SNR difference that Arjen
is describing, and maybe most acutely in posterior sensors.

Best,
Tom