[FieldTrip] problems with ft_read_data

Andreas Wollbrink a.wollbrink at wwu.de
Thu Feb 26 15:05:23 CET 2015

Hi Shlomit,

I guess your problem is related to the fact the data storage format of
EGI data recorded with Netstation 4.5.4 contains time scale values in
nano seconds instead of micro seconds.

A sanity check for that was missing in the ft_read_header function
(after reporting this bug it is supposed to be fixed in the new
fieldtrip version by tomorrow).

You might give it a try to run your analysis again.
At least for me it worked out after the 'bug' was fixed.

Thanks,
Andreas

On Mon, 2015-02-23 at 21:52 +0200, shlomit beker wrote:
> Hello Fieldtrippers,
>

> I'm using netsataion 4.5.4 of EGI  (256 sensors EEG), and use
> fieldtrip functions on the mff format.
>

>  While running ft_read_data on an mff, I've encounter following bug
>

> index exceeds matrix dimensions.
>
> Error in ft_read_data (line 787)
>         dat{end} = dat{end}(:,begsel:endsel);
>

> Data sampling is 1000 hz.
> Would appreciate your help. If any further information is needed,
> please ask me.
>

> Thanks,
>

> --
> Shlomit Beker, PhD
> Postdoctoral fellow, Nir lab
> Sackler Faculty of Medicine
> Tel Aviv University

Andreas Wollbrink, Dipl.-Ing.
Biomedical Engineer

MEG / EEG Lab Manager

Institute for Biomagnetism and Biosignalanalysis
University Hospital, University of Muenster

address: Malmedyweg 15, 48149 Muenster, Germany

office:    +49-251-83-52546

email: a.wollbrink at wwu.de
website: http://biomag.uni-muenster.de