[FieldTrip] calculating behavioural-power correlation

Hwee Ling Lee hweeling.lee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 15:18:11 CET 2015

Dear Arjen,

Thanks! It works well now.

I plotted the results using ft_clusterplot, and it only shows the
significant clusters that show significant correlation of power and
behavioural measure, right? Or is there a better way I can display the
results?

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Hweeling

On 17 February 2015 at 11:45, Stolk, A. (Arjen) <a.stolk at donders.ru.nl>
wrote:

>  Hey Hweeling,
>
> "Just to ensure that I get this right, I should create a variable for the
> behavioural measure such that the variable contains a powspctrm field with
> the behavioural information for every frequency?"
> > indeed
>
> "What I'm confused is that in the walkthrough website, under the
> subsection on correlation, it is suggested to create the cfg.design with
> the behavioural measure that one wants to correlate. So is this information
> in the walkthrough website incorrect?"
> > the walkthough may refer to a GLM-based statistical implementation, for
> which the FT implementation differs from the correlationT statfun. Namely,
> the former uses the behavioral measure as a regressor in a data model
> whereas the latter uses the behavioral measure as a datapoint series for
> correlation with another datapoint series (and then converts to a T value).
> The correlationT statfun is relatively 'new', hence not yet addressed in
> the walkthrough.
>
> Yours,
> arjen

Dr. rer. nat. Lee, Hwee Ling
Postdoc
German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) Bonn

Email 1: hwee-ling.lee<at>dzne.de
Email 2: hweeling.lee<at>gmail.com

https://sites.google.com/site/hweelinglee/home

Correspondence Address:
Ernst-Robert-Curtius Strasse 12, 53117, Bonn, Germany