[FieldTrip] calculating behavioural-power correlation

Hwee Ling Lee hweeling.lee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 10:33:07 CET 2015

Dear Arjen,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I keep getting an error message when I set up
my correlation cluster statistics, and I'm not sure what I could have done
wrong. Here's my script:

cfg = [];
cfg.layout = 'EEG1010.lay';
cfg.neighbours = neighbours;
cfg.channel = 'all';
cfg.latency = 'all';
cfg.avgovertime = 'no';
cfg.avgoverchan = 'no';
cfg.avgoverfreq = 'yes';
cfg.parameter = 'powspctrm';
cfg.method = 'montecarlo';
cfg.statistic = 'ft_statfun_correlationT';
cfg.correctm = 'cluster';
cfg.clusteralpha = 0.05;
cfg.clusterstatistics = 'maxsum';
cfg.minnbchan = 2;
cfg.tail = 0;
cfg.clustertail = 0;
cfg.alpha = 0.025;
cfg.numrandomization = 1000;
cfg.ivar = 1;
cfg.uvar = 1;

% design matrices
clear design;
% change in MMSE score relative to baseline
design(1,:) = [0.095238095 -0.045454545 -0.533333333 0.238095238
-0.157894737 0.117647059];
design(2,:) = 1:6;
cfg.design = design;

% for delta band
cfg.frequency = [2 4];
[c200_delta_stat] = ft_freqstatistics(cfg, sub_LF_c200{:});
[c210_delta_stat] = ft_freqstatistics(cfg, sub_HF_c210{:});

Here's the output from Matlab:

computing statistic over the frequency range [2.000 4.000]
the call to "ft_appendfreq" took 0 seconds
the call to "ft_selectdata" took 0 seconds
using "ft_statistics_montecarlo" for the statistical testing
using "ft_statfun_correlationT" for the single-sample statistics
constructing randomized design
total number of measurements     = 6
total number of variables        = 2
number of independent variables  = 1
number of unit variables         = 1
number of within-cell variables  = 0
number of control variables      = 0
using a permutation resampling approach
repeated measurement in variable 1 over 6 levels
number of repeated measurements in each level is 1 1 1 1 1 1
computing a parametric threshold for clustering
Error using ft_statfun_correlationT (line 90)
Invalid specification of the design array.
Error using ft_statistics_montecarlo (line 254)
could not determine the parametric critical value
for clustering

Error in ft_freqstatistics (line 319)
  [stat, cfg] = statmethod(cfg, dat, cfg.design);

Would you please tell what I have done wrong in this case?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Hweeling