[FieldTrip] centre of head bias

Eelke Spaak eelke.spaak at donders.ru.nl
Tue Feb 17 07:47:43 CET 2015

Hi Kaelasha,

The center-of-head bias is due to noise. Since you can assume the
noise to be uncorrelated across experimental conditions, you can
assume this bias will not be present in a contrast. To verify this for
yourself, simply plot the beamforming results for two conditions
separately; you will see a strong center-of-head bias. Subtract one
big blob from another equally big blob and they should disappear :)
So, plot the (normalized) difference, and you will likely notice less
center-of-head bias.

Best,
Eelke