[FieldTrip] Magnetic dipole fit vs Equiv. Current dipole fit

Jim McKay jim.mckay at candoosys.com
Wed Feb 25 22:40:23 CET 2015

Hello Fieldtrippers,

I am consulting with the Sandia Labs on development of an atomic
magnetometer based MEG system prototype. One of the areas I am working
on is head localization, so I was looking at the code for the realtime
head localization in Fieldtrip. I was surprised to see that although the
comments talk about using a magnetic dipole forward solution, it
actually used the FT dipolefit code which is based on an equivalent
current dipole, as far as I can tell.

There should be a significant difference in the forward solutions
between MD and ECD, so how does this work? Or am I just missing something?

Cheers,

Jim

--
Jim McKay
Candoo Systems Inc. - Magnetic field sensors, systems, and site surveys
jim.mckay at candoosys.com
www.candoosys.com