[FieldTrip] ft_clusterstat OUT OF MEMORY - DICS

Martin Winkels m_wink10 at uni-muenster.de
Mon Feb 23 17:00:48 CET 2015

Dear Fieldtrippers,

we encountered a problem during our DICS Beamformer-Statistics.

After calculating a beamformer (DICS), normalisation and building
grandaverages across subjects (here exemplarily 3 subjects) we try to
calculate cluster based permutation statistic (in this study: between
groups - one condition).

The code we used is as follows:

        cfg = [];

        cfg.method           = 'montecarlo';
        %cfg.statistic        = 'depsamplesT';
        cfg.statistic        = 'ft_statfun_indepsamplesT';
        cfg.correctm         = 'cluster';
        cfg.clusteralpha     = 0.05; %ft default 0.05;
        cfg.clusterstatistic = 'maxsum';
        cfg.minnbchan        = 2;
        cfg.tail             = 0;
        cfg.clustertail      = 0;
        cfg.alpha            = 0.025; %ft hat hier 0,025

        cfg.parameter   = 'pow';
        cfg.dim         =  grandavgA.dim;

        cfg.numrandomization = 1;      % number of draws from the
permutation distribution

        design(1,:) = [1 1 1 2 2 2];
        design(2,:) = [1 1 1 1 1 1];

        cfg.design = design;
       cfg.ivar   = 1;

        stat = ft_sourcestatistics(cfg, grandavgA, grandavgB);

The input data structure (grandavgA, grandavgB) is as follows:

grandavgA =

       pow: [3x116380 double]
       dim: [46 55 46]
    inside: [116380x1 logical]
       pos: [116380x3 double]
       cfg: [1x1 struct]

grandavgB =

       pow: [3x116380 double]
       dim: [46 55 46]
    inside: [116380x1 logical]
       pos: [116380x3 double]
       cfg: [1x1 struct]

Fieldtrip version: current (02/23/2015)

Thanks, Martin

--

M.Sc. Martin Winkels

Universitätsklinikum Münster

Institut für Biomagnetismus & Biosignalanalyse

Malmedyweg 15

48149 Münster

GERMANY

Telefon: +49 251 83 56 846