[FieldTrip] Problem with mvaranalysis

Tyler Grummett tyler.grummett at flinders.edu.au
Mon Feb 23 04:20:28 CET 2015

Hello fieldtrip,

I have come across something that is either a bug or something I am doing wrong, however I am unsure.

The error message is as following:

Error using  .*

Matrix dimensions must agree.

Error in ft_mvaranalysis>catnan (line 479)

    datamatrix(:,begsmp:endsmp) =

    datacells{trials(k)}(chanindx,:).*taper(ones(nchan,1),:);

Error in ft_mvaranalysis (line 385)

        dat = catnan(tmpdata.trial, chanindx, rpt{rlop}, tap(m,:), nnans,

        dobvar);

Error in fieldtrip_peak_connectivity (line 164)

                mdata = ft_mvaranalysis( cfg, data);

I had a closer look and it appears as though the tap variable is size 1x501 and tmpdata.trial is [85x500 double]. So on line 479 in catnan,

when it asks to multiply a 85x500 matrix by 85x501, it crashes.

Apparently I tried submitting this bug before (Bug 2784), but it was rejected. However, I still dont know what Im doing wrong.

Tyler

Tyler Grummett ( BBSc, BSc(Hons I))
PhD Candidate
Brain Signals Laboratory