[FieldTrip] basic question

Jörn M. Horschig jorn at artinis.com
Mon Feb 2 11:47:52 CET 2015

Hi Benedikt and Hweeling,

note that the rounding step is not necessary, because FieldTrip will round
to steps according to your frequency resolution. Actual frequencies of
interest (foi) are subject to the time window of your trials defining the
Raleigh frequency (i.e. frequency resolution). With trials of 2s you have a
frequency resolution of 0.5 Hz, so you can only get estimates at 4 Hz, 4.5
Hz, 5 Hz etc. With the code you sent around, you request frequency at

4.0000    4.7568    5.6568    6.7271

will thus effectively 4, 5, 6 and 7 Hz will be computed (due to the rounding
to the next step of the 0.5 Hz resolution).

I do not know the length of your trials, but I thought I drop this here to
avoid future questions on ‘why this didn’t work as expected’ ;)

Best,

Jörn

Jörn M. Horschig, Software Engineer

 <http://www.artinis.com/> Artinis Medical Systems  |  +31 481 350 980