[FieldTrip] problem with copyfields and removefields after fieldtrip update during call to ft_freqanalysis and ft_topoplotTFR

Frédéric Roux f.roux at bcbl.eu
Sun Feb 1 16:03:57 CET 2015

Dear all,

I've updated my ft version to 20150115 but now I am having
problems with two functions that ft is calling and which
are not in my Matlab path.

While calling ft_freqanalysis and ft_topoplotTFR I received
error messages related to

"copyfields" and "removefields".

If I am not mistaken, these functions are not native Matlab
functions, so I suppose that these are ft-specifc and that they
are located in a subfolder somewhere in the main ft folder but that my
Matlab path does not include them.

I've commented out the lines in the ft-code where these functions are
called to avoid the problem but I am not sure whether there could be
any other problems arising from the fact that my ft-path seems not
to be set correctly.

I usually add ft to my Matlab path through:

addpath('/home/user/fieldtrip-20150115/');
ft_defaults;

and have never experienced any problems so far.

Has anybody experienced a similar problem after updating their
ft-version and can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Best,

Fred