[FieldTrip] EDF+ annotations

Leila Ayoubian leilayou_54 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 21 16:49:12 CET 2015

Hi all,I am new to fieldtrip .I am trying to load some edf+ file to Matlab and read the events/annotations. These annotations are usually seizure, or spikes....
The files are EEG data from nicollet one, lengthy data for epileptic patients.
This is how I try to look at the events:

cfg2 = [];

cfg2.dataset = 'For leila.edf';
cfg2.trialdef.eventtype  = '?'
cfg2 = ft_definetrial( cfg2 );

cfg2.continuous = 'yes';
data2 = ft_preprocessing(cfg2);
However the output for events are always empty.Does anyone have an idea how I could extract the events/annotation on these files?

 Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Best regards
Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience
King's College London