[FieldTrip] Number of epochs in the ft_freqanalysis output

Federica Mauro federica.ma at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 12:30:33 CET 2015

Dear all,

I'm having a problem in using the ft_freqanalysis function, so I'm writing
to ask your help.
I'm trying to get power data for each 2-seconds epochs of my eeg files.
My eeg files are not of the same length (they don't have the same number of
epochs), however the output of the function (namely TFRhann.powspctrm)
always gives me power data for the same number of epochs, namely 41,
unregarding of the effective number of epochs.

Here is the code I'm using:

cfg              = [];
cfg.output       = 'pow';
% cfg.channel
cfg.method       = 'mtmconvol';
cfg.taper        = 'hanning';
cfg.foi          = 4:1:40;                         % analysis 2 to 30 Hz in
steps of 2 Hz
cfg.t_ftimwin    = ones(length(cfg.foi),1).*0.5;   % length of time window
= 0.5 sec
cfg.toi          = -0:0.05:2;                  % time window "slides" from
-0.5 to 1.5 sec in steps of 0.05 sec (50 ms)
TFRhann = ft_freqanalysis(cfg, eeg);

Do you have any suggestion about it?
Thank you very much for your attention.

Worm regards,