[FieldTrip] Question about ft_statfun_actvsblT

Luke Bloy luke.bloy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 22:29:17 CET 2015

Sorry if this is missing something fundamental but I'm abit confused about
the use of ft_statfun_actvsblT for frequency analysis and how it compares
to ft_statfun_depsamplesT.

It seems from http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/salzburg (and from
trying to use it) that inorder to use ft_statfun_actvsblT the active and
baseline freq structures need to have the same time dimension. Based on
this I'm assuming that the active vs baseline comparison happens at each
time x frequency pair, but isn't this what ft_statfun_depsamplesT does?

So I guess my question is what is the difference between the two? What
exactly is the comparison being performed by ft_statfun_actvsblT?

Thanks
Luke