[FieldTrip] channel problem ft_freqstatistics

Marc Recasens recasensmarc at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 16:07:08 CET 2015

Hi Johannes,

I think the same problem has been reported before in:
http://mailman.science.ru.nl/pipermail/fieldtrip/2015-November/009789.html

Roy Cox looked into the problem with quite detail and found the bug in
the ft_get_selection
function, line 630-631 during a call to "*label = union(label,
selchannel);"*. I recently had the same problem and it was solved after
commenting that line. However it might be better if you update FieldTrip to
the last version where this issue is fixed.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes
Marc

On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 6:59 PM, Jojo Klemt <LordJojo at gmx.de> wrote:

> Dear community
>
> My name is Johannes Klemt and I'm analysing eeg/emg-power data of patients
> and healthy controls for my medical doctorate in Tübingen.
> I have a small problem using ft_freqstatistics. After performing an
> independent samples t-test, the channels are suddenly ordered alphabeticaly.
> The preprocessing and power analysis were not performed in field trip.
> The electrode labels and neighbours were defined and put into the
> following cfg:
> cfg.elec
> cfg.neighbours
> The statistics were then calculated using montecarlo method, but the
> channel order in stat.label is changed into alphabetical order, so the stat
> plot looks nice but is quite useless.
> Colleagues of mine used ft_freqgrandaverage as input data and did not have
> the problem, but I can't find the bug.
> I designed a file containing the layout structure and tried putting it in
> by using
> cfg.layout
> but it was ignored.
>
> Any help would be deeply appreciated.