[FieldTrip] custer based non parametric permutation test for coherence difference

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Thu Aug 6 20:59:03 CEST 2015

Hi Ishita,

I suggest that you search a bit through the archive of this discussion list, because your question has come up on several occasions in the past. Do you want to do statistics within a subject (unit-of-observation is trial), or across subjects (unit-of-observation is subject)?
Another doubt I had was, it seems like I need some neighborhood information for doing the cluster analysis. If I wanted to cluster only in the time frequency grid and not spatially (I am using depth electrode data ) or I wanted the algorithm to find spatial clusters for me in the absence of prior knowledge, is that feasible

if you specify cfg.neighbours = {}, the clustering will be done only in time and frequency. I don’t understand what you mean with ‘finding spatial clusters in the absence of prior knowledge’, but if you tell the function to not cluster in space, it will not do so :o).

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD, Senior researcher

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging

E-mail: j.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl<mailto:j.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl>
Telephone: +31-24-3614793

http://www.hettaligebrein.nl
http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org