[FieldTrip] Beamforming analysis in frequency band

Tzvetan Popov tzvetan.popov at uni-konstanz.de
Sun Apr 19 19:49:20 CEST 2015

Dear Noa,

> Thank you Tzvetan!
>
> This raised two more question regarding the source analysis:
>
> 1. What is the difference between defining the frequency range under cfg.foi (such as cfg.foi=[30 48]) and defining if under the cfg.tapsmofrq (such as cfg.foi=[39 39] cfg.tapsmofrq=9)?
The difference is that in the resulting output of ft_freqanalysis (lets name it freq) will contain a freq.freq field containing of 19 freq bins presuming frequency resolution of 1 Hz. Each of these is computed with smofrq of plus minus 9 Hz.
In the second case freq.freq is one frequency bin namely 39 Hz.
> 2. the cfg.tapsmofrq option only exist in the ft_freqanalysis function, and not in the ft_sourceanalysis function. in  ft_sourceanalysis the only option is cfg.frequency which, as I mention, has to be a scalar. My question is whether defining the cfg.tapsmofrq in the ft_freqanalysis is also causing the source analysis to use the range of frequencies and not the single frequency.
Yes.
best
tzvetan