[FieldTrip] Beamforming analysis in frequency band

Tzvetan Popov tzvetan.popov at uni-konstanz.de
Thu Apr 16 13:53:41 CEST 2015

Dear Noa,

you should use frequency smoothening to achieve this. For example, a configuration of cfg.foilim = [20 20] ; and cfg.tapsmofrq = 10; will allow you to estimate sources in the 10 to 30 Hz band.

> Hi all,
>
> I'm doing source analysis in the frequency domain of a resting-state data.
> when doing the source analysis, I want to use several frequency bands of interest, such as beta (13-30 Hz) and gamma (30-48 Hz).
> My problem is about the cfg.frequency parameter, which must be a scalar (whereas i'm interested in a frequency band). Arbitrarily choosing a frequency in the middle of the range doesn't seem right.
>
> What is the common practice when doing source analysis using this function?
You could evaluate this tutorial:
http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/beamformer

> Does the cfg.tapsmofrq parameter is supposed to enable choosing frequency band instead of a single peak frequency?
and some detailed explanation in a pictorial form here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eS11DtbIPw

best
tzvetan