[FieldTrip] Unit of simulated EEG using openMEEG

Munsif Jatoi munsif.jatoi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 10:08:28 CEST 2015

Dear Hindriks,

The leadfield matrix has got orientation and moments of dipoles. When it is
multiplied by dipole numbers say 1 or 2 at certain location, it will be
generating the voltage matrix. Put it in a more simple way, V= KJ +e where,
V= potential (volts), K= leadfield and J= current density (A/m2). So the
generated data has units of microvolts or the units of voltage. I hope you
got the point.

Thanks,

Munsif.

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 3:32 PM, HINDRIKS, RIKKERT <rikkert.hindriks at upf.edu>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Could anyone tell me what are the units of the entries in BEM leadfield
> matrices generated using openMEEG?
>
> For example, if I multiply the matrix with a vector of dipole moments in
> Am, do I get microVolts? (after taking the
> average reference)
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Rikkert

Munsif Ali H.Jatoi,

Ph D Scholar,
Centre for Intelligent Signals and Imaging Research,
Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS,
Malaysia.

http://scholar.google.com.my/citations?user=Y6g6jOAAAAAJ&hl=en