[FieldTrip] extracting individual trial phase connectivity

Julian Keil julian.keil at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 11:09:29 CEST 2014

Dear Hweeling,

sorry to have been so unclear.
Unfortunately, you'll have to leave the prepared field trip code a bit to compute the phase deviance.
What you'll want to do is:

1. Compute the Phase for all channels and trials:
	Do a mtmfft with ft_freqanalysis and take the angle
2. For each trial, compute the phase difference between all channels:
	Use the circa_dist-function from the CircStat-Toolbox (Ask Google for the link)
3. For each combination, compute the mean over trials:
	Use the circa_mean function from the above mentioned toolbox
4. For each combination, compute the deviance from the mean
	Again, circa_dist is your friend here.

Again, PLV or Coherence don't work on the single trial level, thus ft_connectivityanalysis will not work for you.

Good Luck,

Julian