[FieldTrip] dipole simulation on head model

a.stolk a.stolk8 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 08:07:19 CEST 2014

Hi Gamaliel, can you try
avg = ft_timelockanalysis([], raw1);
Instead of
ft_timelockanalysis avg1 = ([], raw1);
Hope this helps, arjen

-------- Oorspronkelijk bericht --------
Van: gamaliel huerta urrea <gamaliel.ghu at gmail.com>
Aan: fieldtrip at science.ru.nl
Onderwerp: [FieldTrip] dipole simulation on head model

Hi all

I followed the tips above to simulate a dipole source on my own head model generated from MRIs. However, using information from:

http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/example/compute_forward_simulated_data_and_apply_a_dipole_fit

I could not simulate anything. Only one image is blank. The code I am using is as follows:

cfg = [];
cfg.vol = vol; % See above
cfg.elec = elec; % See above
cfg.dip.pos = [0 0 0];
cfg.dip.mom = [2 2 2]; % Note, it Should be transposed
cfg.dip.frequency = 10;
cfg.ntrials = 10;
cfg.triallength = 1; % seconds
cfg.fsample = 25; % Hz
raw1 = ft_dipolesimulation (cfg);
ft_timelockanalysis avg1 = ([], raw1);
plot (avg1.time, avg1.avg); % Plot the timecourse

where:

vol = ft_prepare_headmodel volumes generated from the segmentation of my resonances.

and

ft_read_sens elec = ('standard_1020.elc');

to run the script the result is a blank image.

and Matlab tells me the following:

using headmodel specified in the configuration
using electrodes specified in the configuration
Determining source compartment (1)
projecting electrodes on skin surface
electrode and system combine combining transfer matrix
computing simulated data
computing simulated trial data for 10

RMS value of simulated data is NaN
the call to "ft_dipolesimulation" took 4 seconds
the input is raw Data with 97 channels and 10 trials
Warning: the data does not Contain a definition trial
> In utilities \ private \ warning_once at 158
   In utilities \ private \ fixsampleinfo at 66
   In ft_datatype_raw at 157
   In ft_checkdata at 224
   In ft_timelockanalysis at 105
   In codgen at 50
Warning: sampleinfo by reconstructing Assuming That the trials are consecutive segments of
a continuous recording
> In utilities \ private \ warning_once at 158
   In utilities \ private \ fixsampleinfo at 79
   In ft_datatype_raw at 157
   In ft_checkdata at 224
   In ft_timelockanalysis at 105
   In codgen at 50
averaging trials
trial averaging 10 of 10

the call to "ft_timelockanalysis" took 1 seconds

I hope you can help

greetings
--
Gamaliel Huerta