[FieldTrip] Realtime question: tmsi2ft saving to gdf file

Maier, Christoph Christoph.Maier at hs-heilbronn.de
Mon Sep 1 11:54:28 CEST 2014

Dear Fieldtrip Users,

from the tmsi2ft description on the web (http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/development/realtime/tmsi) I understand that tmsi2ft should allow to transparently save the acquired data to a gdf file while streaming it out.

I successfully can read the Signal/Event data acquired with tmsi2ft into Matlab using the realtime functions. However, I can't find a gdf file, and I can't see any place where a file name could be specified.  The command line accepts only the parameters

tmsi2ft config.txt [hostname [port [ctrlPort]]]

The parseFile() Method of the SignalConfiguration-Class does not seem to permit a specification of a filename in the configuration file, and I couldn't identify a call to ODM->setFilename() or ODM->enableSaving() in the tmsi2ft code (as opposed to the biosemi2ft code, where such calls are present and where the filename can be specified in the command line).

Therefore my question is: Did I overlook anything and can a filename for a gdf file be specified anyhwere during startup of tmsi2ft? Or is the only intended way to use the TCP command interface of the OnlineDataManager?

Thanks in advance for your help

Christoph Maier

Dr. Christoph Maier, Dipl.-Inform. Med.

Department of Medical Informatics