[FieldTrip] loading neuroscan cnt files - noninteger samples

Kathrin Müsch kathrin.muesch at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 22:49:08 CEST 2014

Dear All,

I would like to analyze CNT files acquired with a Neuroscan Synamps2 system. I manage to correctly load it in the 32 bit data format. However, the samples for my trigger events are not integers. This shouldn’t be happening because precision cannot be higher than the sampling rate.

I noticed that this only happens when the the teeg parameter that is read out of the cnt file is set to 3 but not to 2. For some of my data files the teeg=3 and for some it is 2 and then I get integer samples. The files come from the same data session so I cannot understand why they are read out differently.

Has anyone experienced this before and has suggestions how this can be solved?

Any help is appreciated.

Best,
Kathrin

--