[FieldTrip] Cluster-based permutation tests for between-subject design

Eric Maris e.maris at psych.ru.nl
Mon Sep 29 21:12:33 CEST 2014

Hi Steve,

Have a look here:
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/faq/how_can_i_test_an_interaction_effect_using_cluster-based_permutation_tests

Best,

Eric Maris

From: Stephen Politzer-Ahles [mailto:spa268 at nyu.edu]
Sent: woensdag 24 september 2014 11:18
To: fieldtrip at science.ru.nl
Subject: Re: [FieldTrip] Cluster-based permutation tests for between-subject
design

Hi Eelke,

Thanks for this information. I just wanted to jump in and ask: what about
for interactions in a mixed 2x2 design? For example, say I expect a
difference between conditions A and B for group 1, but not group 2. Would
the correct way to do this be to

1) make difference waves (A-B) for each participant, then

2) do a between-UO test on the difference waves using indepsamplesT?

In the past I have always tested within-UO interactions using basically this
method (based on
http://mailman.science.ru.nl/pipermail/fieldtrip/2011-January/003447.html),
but I was under the impression that this is not OK for mixed designs (from
this post:
http://mailman.science.ru.nl/pipermail/fieldtrip/2011-September/004244.html)

Thanks,

Steve