[FieldTrip] Reading in .bdf files

Ricarda Braukmann r.braukmann at donders.ru.nl
Tue Sep 23 17:11:26 CEST 2014

Hi Rachel,

Yes, I was wondering about the re-referencing because I indeed read that
this was the necessary first step for Biosemi data.
What would one usually re-reference the data to?

I tried re-referencing to all electrodes (since no mastoid etc. has been
collected) but this did not solve the issue for the .bdf file.

It works for the converted .edf file in which the data looks much better
from the start but I am not sure whether everything is going correctly.
The data is quite noisy and also when trying to apply a high-pass filter
later Matlab gives an error of unstable poles. I am not sure whether this
is due to the actual properties of my data or whether it is still related
to the way I read it in, so any suggestions are very welcome!

Thanks a lot!
Best,
Ricarda

Email: r.braukmann at donders.ru.nl