[FieldTrip] denoise_pca error

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Tue Sep 23 07:31:14 CEST 2014

Hi Ashley,
Since your e-mail did not contain any background information with respect to the acquisition system you are using, I cannot be really to-the-point in my answer.
Ft_denoise_pca has been designed to operate on
1) MEG data, that
2) has been acquired on a system that has external reference channels.
I don’t know what reference channel you specified, but it seems you didn’t, and the function probably indeed defaulted to a value that caused the selection to be empty or so. But again, without additional info it’s hard to tell.
Best and good luck,
Jan-Mathijs

On Sep 22, 2014, at 3:27 PM, Ashley Greene <agreene24 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I hope someone will be able to help with this. I'm trying to run the denoise_pca function on data after preprocessing, but I continue to get the following error:
>
> Error using  ./
> Matrix dimensions must agree.
>
> Error in ft_denoise_pca (line 193)
>     s1   = s./max(s(:));
>
> Could it be due to the use of the default for refchannel? Forgive me for asking such simple questions, but how do I go about choosing the reference channel? Do I just choose the cleanest channel from that particular set of preprocessed data?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ashley

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: +31-24-3614793

http://www.hettaligebrein.nl