[FieldTrip] leadfields MNI-coordinates

Stan van Pelt s.vanpelt at psych.ru.nl
Mon Sep 22 12:44:11 CEST 2014

Dear FieldTrippers,

For sourceconstruction (CTF275 MEG data) at specific ROIs, I want to
compute leadfields at specific (MNI-)coordinates in the brain. I am trying
to find out how that is most easily done using FieldTrip

- The most intuitive way seems to me to warp the MNI template to the
individual's brain
(http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/example/create_single-subject_grids_in_indi
vidual_head_space_that_are_all_aligned_in_mni_space) , and then apply the
warping parameters to the ROI's MNI-coordinates, and enter the subsequent
CTF-coordinates into ft_prepare_leadfield. However, I am not sure where
exactly I can find these parameters, and how to apply them. Are these the
ones in [gridsrc].params (output ft_sourcemodel)?

- Alternatively, should I run ft_volumenormalise to warp the brain to
MNI-space, and then inversely apply the warping parameters to the ROI's
MNI-coordinates? Again, where can I find the warping parameters in this
case, and how should they be applied?

Best,

Stan

-