[FieldTrip] weird topo: due to missing sensors? and [Reference to non-existent field 'chanori']

Stephen Whitmarsh stephen.whitmarsh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 09:03:18 CEST 2014

Hi Vitoria,

Yes, I guess it might be the missing channels somehow.

Concerning the missing chanori; I think you throw away more than just the
data when you remove a channel, and when you restore it later on, things
like the orientation, location etc. is not in the data anymore. I would
therefor never throw away a channel, but rather fix it, to avoid these
kinds of problems. Anyway, I think you can solve it by copying the .grad
structure from an earier point (before having removed channels) into the
data after fixing.

If this doesn't solve the topo problem, have you tried dividing the
difference by the sum of the conditions or otherwise normalizing the
difference for each subject? E.g. (Condition A - B) / (Condition A + B).

Good luck!
STephen