[FieldTrip] Sourceplots suddenly have huge file size
Stolk, A. (Arjen)
a.stolk at fcdonders.ru.nl
Thu Oct 9 19:06:15 CEST 2014
It seems the grey values for the cortex/surface were changed during a previous code change. I've changed the grey values to match the old ones, so your plots should presumably look like you're used to with tomorrow's version of FT.
Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour
Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
Radboud University Nijmegen
Email: a.stolk at donders.ru.nl<mailto:a.stolk at donders.ru.nl>
Phone: +31(0)243 68294
From: fieldtrip-bounces at science.ru.nl [fieldtrip-bounces at science.ru.nl] on behalf of "Jens Klinzing, Universität Tübingen" [jens.klinzing at uni-tuebingen.de]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2014 6:32 PM
To: FieldTrip discussion list
Subject: Re: [FieldTrip] Sourceplots suddenly have huge file size
wow, I really wouldn't have thought this could work ... but it did! It resulted in a reduction of the file size from 4.6 GB down to 9 MB (for the result of a statistical cluster permutation test).
I still have a brain with a very dark color, though. Does anyone know how to get rid of that?
Why would these things change without an obvious reason?
Thanks for your help, Eric!!
All the best,
Am 09.10.2014 13:46, schrieb Erik te Woerd:
The problem might be that the cfg.previous-structure is becoming quite large. Try to clear this before plotting the data, like:
data.cfg.previous = ;
This is especially helpful when plotting grandaverage-data. (I've seen cases in which the size went from 13 GB to 150 MB just by clearing the cfg.previous)
2014-10-09 11:51 GMT+02:00 "Jens Klinzing, Universität Tübingen" <jens.klinzing at uni-tuebingen.de<mailto:jens.klinzing at uni-tuebingen.de>>:
Dear fieldtrip community,
I encountered a weird problem. Lately, my source plots started to have
huge file sizes when I save them as figures (.fig). This applies to both
slice and surface plots. Surface plots used to have around 3-7 MB, now
they have around 220 MB or even > 4 GB (ie. almost the size of the
plotted data set). They also look slightly different now, with the
surface being way darker than before. Slice plots look the same but are
also larger than before.
The problem seems to be in the plotting process itself (not the
beamforming). When I plot older source localizations (which by the way
have the same file size, fields, and basic properties as newer ones) the
problem is still there.
The code I am using for plotting did (to the best of my knowledge) not
change at all:
cfg = ;
cfg.method = 'surface';
cfg.funparameter = 'avg.pow';
cfg.maskparameter = cfg.funparameter;
cfg.funcolormap = 'jet';
cfg.projmethod = 'nearest';
cfg.surfdownsample = 5;
I thought it may be a change in fieldtrip so I reverted my ft_sourceplot
to an older version but that did not help. I also used an older Matlab
version (currently I use 2013b but I also tried 2013a) and another
computer (Windows and Unix). In all cases I used opengl as the renderer.
I am sure it is something very simple and I'm just too blind to see it.
Thanks a lot for your help,
fieldtrip mailing list
fieldtrip at donders.ru.nl<mailto:fieldtrip at donders.ru.nl>
More information about the fieldtrip