[FieldTrip] buffer.mexw64 not found

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Fri Oct 3 11:25:24 CEST 2014

Hi Beth,

are ou sure the buffer.mexw64 is located in your path? You can check by
typing "which buffer" in the matlab command window. If so, then you can
try to re-mex the file yourself (or redownload Fieldtrip, maybe the file
was just corrupted in your copy?). Mexing the file in a matlab 64bit
environment is a bit cumbersome, as you need to install some external
compiler. For more information, please see here:
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/development/guidelines/code#windows_64_bit
and here:
http://www.mathworks.com/support/compilers/R2014b/index.html;jsessionid=55154776089981772f81c3d47c7f?nocookie=true

After downloading and installer the compiler, you need to locate the
buffer.c file (probably in the fieldtrip/src directory) and then type
"mex buffer.c" in the matlab command window. Hope you can take it from
here ;)

Best,
Jörn

On 10/2/2014 2:24 PM, Elizabeth Anne Bock, Ms wrote:
> I am trying to use the realtime buffer on windows 7 running Matlab
> 2014a and I get the following error:
> Invalid MEX-file
> 'C:\Users\McGill\Documents\MATLAB\fieldtrip-20140929\realtime\src\buffer\matlab\buffer.mexw64':
> The
> specified module could not be found.
>
> It works fine on my other windows 7 workstation running Matlab 2012b.
> Please advise.
> Beth

> Elizabeth Bock / MEG System Engineer
>
> McConnell Brain Imaging Centre / Montreal Neurological Institute
>
> McGill University / 3801 University St. / Montreal, QC H3A 2B4
>

> MEG Lab: 514.398.6056
>
> Mobile: 514.718.6342

Jörn M. Horschig
PhD Student