[FieldTrip] applying ica rejection to differently epoched data

Russell G Port russgport at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 20:10:58 CEST 2014

Dear All,

Sorry for this repetitive email. I realize one I have asked this question
before, I couldn't find the email before now, so I was not sure if it were
the exact same question. Please ignore this email discussion.

for those who were wondering here is the previous answer

This is the preferred way to do it. Read in all of your data in 1- or
2-second epochs at arbitrary points (just one right after another).
Run ICA on these epochs and save the components that you get (call
this 'comp'). Then make a note of the components that you want to
remove (usually blink, eye movement, and heart). Now read in your data
time-locked to your triggers and use the previously-defined components
to clean up the data (use the cfg to specify which components you want
to remove).

Again thank is due to Dr. Schurger, and my apologizes