[FieldTrip] ft_preproc_hilbert questions

Rodrigo Montefusco rmontefusco at med.uchile.cl
Tue Oct 28 20:05:33 CET 2014

Hi Max,

to what I understand, the output of Hilbert will be the amplitude of the
input signal (envelope). If you want to use that information, then the only
step you should add before is a very good and sweet narrow band filter (as
narrow as you want your frequency bins). Then, the filter design is the
hard part, because you need a filter that is able to filter out other
frequencies without introducing any kind of artifact.

Hopefully someone else has something to add, or if I'm missing any stuff.

Best

Rodrigo