[FieldTrip] topoplot - no match between data and layout

Caspar, Emilie e.caspar at ucl.ac.uk
Sun Oct 26 09:34:11 CET 2014

Dear Fieldtripers,

I am trying to represent my data on a topoplotER.  I have averaged all my data with the label "GAshortwm":

GAshortwm = ft_timelockgrandaverage(cfg, avgs{:});

cfg = [];
cfg.xlim = [-2 1];
cfg.zlim = [-10 10];
cfg.layout = 'biosemi64.lay';
ft_topoplotER(cfg,GAshortwm); colorbar;

However, I have a recurrent mistake which is  only present with this type of plot, not with other plots like single plot:

Error using topoplot_common (line 561)
labels in data and labels in layout do not match

Error in ft_topoplotER (line 169)
cfg = topoplot_common(cfg, varargin{:});

I'm sure of the layout I'm using (biosemi 64), and I already checked that this layout is detected within my script. Consequently, I don't understand why there is no match between my data and the layout. I though it was because name of the labels are from 1 to 66 in data files, but it's probably not the reason because it works very well with single plot.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you!

Emilie